As with all such achievements there were significant efforts by key individuals for a number of years prior to formation. Those efforts brought together a founding team and they shaped the intellectual and policy foundations of the association.
With the seminal influences being from individuals already experienced and successful in early-stage investing the AAAI was born with a professional focus and strong commitment to the support and education of angel investors. As an Australian enterprise the AAAI understood the need for international relationships from the outset and through its founders rapidly established links with peer organisations all over the world. Indeed, the AAAI became a founding member of the World Association of Business Angels with a seat on the executive of the new global body.
A key tenet of the AAAI is to identify, describe and promote best practice. A hallmark of best practice angel investment the world over has been the trend to collaborate in angel groups.
Side tips for Startups and Scaleups looking to grow
We've created this resource to help you secure further project financing for your innovative ideas. Here are some ways to help you grow your startup or new business.
Check out this great pitch by Primer, we're sure it'll give you some inspiration for your next pitch deck
Further Guide on Finding the right Venture Capital Firms for your Startups in Asia
We'll be further elaborating on actional tips with the tools needed for you to secure your next investment from Venture Capitals in Asia. Read more on the tips below of search for more VCs in the region via our VC Navigator.
You'll find over 200 Venture capital firms all over Asia.
Platforms and tips to help you secure more funds for your next startup investment
Before reaching out to investors or project financers, we strongly suggest to take time and prepare the relevant collaterals for your pitch & presentation. With that, here's a big picture of the steps we'd advice you to take.
Search for Angel or Institutional Investors to pitch your business ideas
- Prepare a compelling pitch deck to secure a better chance on your new investments.
We'd recommend you to look for inspirations via pitch
- Prepare a list of VCs, Angels and other types of investors or financers that you'd like to pitch your idea to.
Prepare a list of via Google Sheets or Excel - use LinkedIn to source out your investors alonside other lead generation tool to help you source them out.
- Once you've sorted your list start, plan the sequence of your outreach campaign on Lemlist and launch it
( We'd recommend you to try Lemlist out, it'll help you automate your outreach with Emails, Linkedin and even calls with Aircall )
Lead generation platforms for your outreach campaigns for your next funding
If you're on a budget and you'd like to try your hands on automating your outbound approach, here are some great lead generation tools that will help you prospect your investors more efficiently
Here's our recommended list of tools
If you're a tight budget - try these platforms, they've free plans to help you
Supplement them with enrichment tools ( it's free to a certain limit )
To help you enrich your website visitors better
If you've done lead generation before then here are some of our recommended platforms with a really high quality of leads ( yearly plans might rise above 5 figures though )
- Cognism ( great for Global enrichment, generation and more )
- The Grid ( Great for those looking to find high quality leads in Singapore and other parts of Asia Pacific )
Look for alternative ways to finance your business or startup idea via Government Grants
If you're a company operating in Singapore and you've got local shareholding then you're in luck. We've built you a Grant Navigator to help you look for financing needs to help you subsidise further expansion or innovation you'd like to take your business to greater heights. We'll list some of the most common tapped on grants by some of the innovative startups in Singapore and other SMEs.
- EDG Automation Grant: To help you further scale automation processes within your business, example - Creating complex Marketing Automation triggers and modules to help you with your overall Customer Experience
- MRA grant: To help your business with Expansion plans outside of Singapore
- EDG Strategic Brand & Marketing Development: To help you create an immersive branding and go to market strategy
Note that for you're able to get subsidies up to 80% ( for certain industries ), usually the more common subsidies lies at about 50%.
If you'd like some support to understand how you can get your business strategy project subsidized, drop us an enquiry via our contact form and we'll follow up with you on our next available slot for our upcoming invigorating chat 😍😍😍
Secure further funding for your project with these simple steps
- Prepare your perfect pitch deck
- Create outreach campaigns to knock on the doors of these investors
- Get your startup funded or your project financed with grants